New Seedling Greenhouse
We started building the new seedling greenhouse in 2014, but this is as far as we got before we put the project on hold. We considered moving and it wasn't until spring of 2018 that we renewed our interest in staying at our current farm. A huge part of this decision was securing access to additional farm land nearby through the Monarch Farms Project.
We started anew with the project in early September just after the heavy rains. We hired contractor Joseph Dittman, a real Renaissance man. He is a carpenter, pianist and farmer. He and Jeff worked together every Monday and Friday in September. Joseph was willing to use Jeff as his additional labor which helped us save money on this project.
Joseph came up with a custom design for the end walls and the two set to work framing them out.
They used lumber run perpendicular to the uprights to stabilize the arches.
They attached the doors to the frame and set to work cutting and fastening sheets of poly carbonate to the end walls. Joseph has left now to rebuild the inside of a Victorian home in Brattleboro, Vermont so it is up to Jeff and I to finish the project up. Stay tuned!